Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sat. Sept. 18

OK, my dear Stephanie (Daughter, Tobler tales), informs me that having an empty blog is somewhat like having an empty house. It's much better if it's filled with love and conversation! So, there's no place like home and home is where your heart is! I miss my girl but she in now making her home and I am very proud of her. She is working hard to help her student/working husband have a nice home to come to. They have a very nice apartment in Las Vegas and she is becoming a very good garage saler and she has found some amazing deals.
Here in the North (not Great White North yet), we have had some excitement. Karen's (my wife if you a nube to this tale) dad Norman, just had a pacemaker hooked up to his ticker! It must have an Every battery because he's going to keep going and going for 15 years before his needs a re-charge! He is still in the hospital giving the nurses a bad time but should be home tomorrow.
Karen is got thew cleaning bug again and we put a pretty good dent in the front and back .40! I even put some Turf builder with weed killer on our less than stellar lawn. We trimmed the two Cedar bushes in the front as well (Pictures to follow as soon as Peter Parker gets back from some lame shoot). I plan on having this fine paper trail on our lives classed up soon.
Chris (Oldest son) is healing up from a nasty spill on his mountain bike (Which he is actually going to take to the mountains, in October, and go from Banff to Lake Louise). He was peddling along, minding his own business, when up ahead, he spotted a radar sign that posts how fast you are going! I know! What's a young  man (almost 18) to do?? Of course! I'll see how fast I can go before wiping out!  48KM/hr before he said the chain skipped as he was shifting into the highest gear and jammed the rear wheel causing the helmetless young lad skidding on the pavement and scrapping to a hault! Slightly stunned, Chris dragged himself, and his not so trusty bike, off to the side of the road. He reported that several cars slowly drove by and gave him the "Once-over", but none stopped to see if he needed assistance :-( Fortunately he had his cellphone with him and it had enough of a charge in it to contact his mother (Karen, if you've forgotten already)! She then contacted me and I got to practice my first aid training I receive from Scouts! After cleansing the wounds (Elbow, hip, ribs and hand), I applied good old polysporin, Teflon covered pads and surgical tape and on the elbow, I actually had to use a roll of gauze to hold the pad in place. We took him to the Doctor the next day and I got a Gold Star for my EMT (Extraordinaire Medical Talent)! He is almost healed up now but probably will have a small reminder on his elbow.
Jared (16) just sold his pocket bike??? Ya. as if you could put it in your pocket! Green Giant yes, us, not! Anyway, he sold it for $50 less than what he bought it for so he did OK. He is now trying to sell his 100cc no-name dirt bike, which he shouldn't have bought in the first place like I told him bike. This Son loves to learn the hard way! Since these two bikes have been mechanically shakey, he has at least learned some mechanical skills. He needs to learn a few more like:
  1. Use the right tool for the right job so that you don't wreck the screws/bolts you are working on
  2. Clean the tools after you use them
  3. Put them away so you can find them for the next itme you need them
Learning is a funny thing, it seems it is of little value unless you think it is of great value. Kind of like "One Man's treasure is another man's junk!" I can lead my Jared to the water but it makes him want to go pee. Oh well, I'm sure he'll figure it out, hopefully sooner than later.

G2G now or this edition won't hit the streets!
Thanks for your time and interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment